All of Dolphin Fabrications’ commercial extraction hoods are manufactured to the DW172 specification.
At Dolphin Fabrications, we provide high-quality stainless steel commercial extraction hoods for commercial kitchens. We work with businesses to get the best extraction hood installation based on your needs and the size of your kitchen to bring the best results for your employees. In addition, our installations also ensure you are well within the legal requirements for commercial kitchen ventilation.
- The type size & power source of the cooking equipment/appliances being ventilated, if gas the requirements of BS1673 being met.
- The layout of the equipment/appliances and their power consumption were known
- The dimensions, height layout of the room that contains the equipment/appliances to be ventilated
- If the extraction hood/canopy is to be at high or low-level wall or island mounted
- Whether grease is being produced in the cooking process and if so, whether filtration is to be provided by means of baffle filters. If grease is not produced, whether the extraction point can be fitted with a baffle plate or grille
- Whether ductwork, fans or lighting is required
- Details of access into the building so that the number of sections in which the canopy is fabricated can be determined
- The available headroom and ceiling height where appropriate is essential
- The position of discharge to ensure that noise or odour does not create a nuisance
- The amount of air to be handled by the canopy. This will also determine the type, size & number of filters and spigots required
- Whether approval from the local authorities has been obtained – this is something that Dolphin Catering can assist with, especially with regards to the sound attenuation & odour control- we offer various methods of dealing with this, for example anti vibration mounts, silencers, carbon bag filters, ESP systems etc
- The method if internally cleaning to the inside surface of any ductwork extract system, which in turn will determine the size of access panels and their frequency.
Extraction hoods dimensions
The dimensions of commercial extraction hoods are invariably determined by the size of the catering equipment/appliances that it is serving.
Unless restricted by walls, the plan dimensions of the extraction hood always exceeds the plan dimensions of the catering equipment/appliances by a minimum of 300mm on each free side, and by 300mm at the front and rear. The overhang dimensions are to the inside of the condensation or the supply plenum the appropriate dimensions shall be added when specifying the overall canopy size.
For combination steamers and certain types of baking ovens the overhang at the front will be increased to a minimum of 600mm to cope with the steam or fumes released when the doors of the appliances are opened.
The height of the extraction hood is usually determined primarily by the ceiling height. The underside of the canopy should be located between 2000 & 2100mm above the finished floor level, the top should project into the ceiling by a minimum of 25mm to allow the false ceiling trim to be fitted.
With kitchens that have high ceilings, consideration should be given to providing infill sections to fill the gap between the top of the canopy and the underside of the ceiling.
Extraction hoods lighting
Lighting in a kitchen canopy should provide an average illumination level of approximately 500 lux at the working surface and standard fluorescent type fittings installed at a height of 1200mm above the cooking surface should fulfil this requirement. We offer low profile lights to 500 lux
The lighting housing is recessed into the canopy to provide easily cleanable surface. Where surface mounted lights are unavoidable then smooth surfaces are ensured for good clean down accessibility.
The lighting housing is easily removable for easy access to clean and the replacement of tubes when necessary.
Extraction hoods installation
Dolphin engineers are fully qualified and trained to fit and access ventilation systems.
Our onsite engineers have operator training certificates for Mobile Vertical & Mobile Boom Lifting Equipment, PASMA tower certificates, PASMA site ID cards, CSCS Cards, Abrasive Wheel Training & Asbestos Awareness Certificates.
Sheffield Stainless Used To Make Our Extraction Hoods
As a business based in Sheffield, we take great pride in our local heritage and our connection to the city’s renowned steel industry. With years of experience under our belt, we produce some of the finest quality Sheffield steel products.
This superior quality steel not only boasts a sleek and attractive appearance but also offers excellent hygiene and ease of cleaning, making it the perfect choice for a variety of applications. This is particularly true for our stainless steel extraction hoods, where cleanliness and durability are paramount.
How Dolphin Fabrications Can Help You With Extraction Hoods
At our company, we specialize in manufacturing, supplying, and installing top-quality stainless steel commercial kitchen extraction hoods throughout South Yorkshire and across the United Kingdom. We take pride in our ability to efficiently create, fabricate and install your new system with minimal disruption to your daily operations.
In addition to our commercial kitchen steel extraction hoods and steel wall canopies, we offer a diverse range of other stainless steel products that cater to your unique requirements. These products includestainless steel bar countertops, charcoal grills, and heated gantriesfor your restaurant and bar.
If you need customized stainless steel products we can create them to your specifications. We prioritize your satisfaction and aim to provide you with products and services that exceed your expectations.
Give Our Friendly Team A Call Today
Do you have a job for Dolphin Fabrications, then give our friendly team of advisors a call today for free advice and a no quibble quotation?
Call us on 0114 276 9000. You can also reach out to us via our contact form, and we’ll get back in touch as soon as possible.
Commercial Kitchen Extraction Hoods FAQs
Are commercial kitchen extractor fans a legal requirement?
According to the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, it is the duty of employers to ensure that all enclosed workplaces, including kitchens, are equipped with effective and appropriate ventilation systems.
What is the difference between a cooker hood and an extractor?
When it comes to cooker hoods, there are two distinct categories with a significant difference in their functionality. Extraction hoods function by drawing the air from your cooking area and venting it outside, while recirculation hoods filter the air and circulate it back into your kitchen.
Is it ok to have a fan in a commercial kitchen?
In commercial kitchens, extractor fans play a crucial role in ensuring a safe and comfortable environment for both staff and customers. These fans effectively reduce the build-up of grease, smoke, and heat, which can otherwise pose significant health and safety risks.